Monday, September 1, 2008

Artist Trust Grant Award Recipient!


Of over a thousand applicants, I was one of those chosen to receive a grant by the Artist Trust for the 2008 calendar year!

The grant is specifically for my "Washington: 48ยบ North" project currently underway, which involves traveling across Washington State along the 48th latitude and producing a series of paintings based specifically on those locations. The grant money partly went towards the cost of purchasing a GPS locator so I can monitor my locations, and will also help with travel expenses.

I am very excited about the project, and proud to have the support of Artist Trust! This approash is exciting to me, as it fits into my "Here on Earth" concept and is a satisfying process. I am thrilled and inspired, to say the least.

So far I have traveled to La Push - next up: San Juans, Everett, Grand Coulee, and the Spokane Indian Reservation - and the spaces between. I am hoping to show the finished group of work in early Spring '09.

learn more about Artist Trust